Sunday, September 2, 2012

Deydrating Mania Part Deux

After discovering how easy it is to dehydrate stuff I decided to try my hand at blueberries! They were even easier.
You take a whole mess of blueberries and wash them really well. Pick out the smushed and squishy ones and then you squeeze some lemon juice on them.



Aren't these colors pretty?
Then you spread them out on the trays like so:
And then you turn on the dehydrator and wait. And wait, and wait and waaaaiiiiit for about 16 hours. Blueberries take a long time and when they are done they look like this!


Lovely
One thing I noticed was that some of the berries were really dried up like super chewy raisins while others were still kinda squishy. I just decided to stop drying when there were a few chewy ones but mostly they looked a little juicy. After everything cooled down they all tasted pretty much the same. They were pretty good while they were warm. Weird huh?

I also noticed that the whole house didn't smell like blueberries. I guess the strawberries are just more fragrant.

I have been popping handfuls of these bad boys for the past few days. Yumm!







No comments:

Post a Comment